Do you know that Google Map now has a Timeline feature which allows you to browse places you have visited? Google Map Timeline overhauled in 2015 and also added the ability to collate pictures taken at a particular place. By so doing, it allows you to get a better overview of the travels. It comes handy and simple to use and understand. If you wish to learn more about the Google Maps Timeline, read as I will be discussing forward.
Google map timeline is where you can view and manage your location history information. Google map timeline is private, that is to say, you are the one accessible to it. Once location history is turned, the timeline will reflect the places you have gone with the devices in which the account is logged in.
Google Map Timeline History – How to turn on/off Location History
- Switching between your location’s histories is very simple and fast to do. Once the Google Timeline Location History is on, Google records all your location data and places in the Google account. Even when it is not in use. Below are the steps to follow when you one to Off/On your Google Map:
- On your Android or iOS Phone or Tablet, go to your Timeline
- Then click on “Settings > Location History. Select “Enable” or “Pause”.
Just like that, it would be done.
Google Map Location History
Viewing your location history on Google maps is simple and fast to do. To do that, follow the simple procedures below;
- Open Google Maps on the device you’re using
- Hit on “More” at the top left side.
- Then hit on “Timeline”.
- Hit on the “Calendar” icon to display a particular date.
- If you wish to switch months, you can swipe right or left.
- Tap on the date you want to view the location history.
All the details concerning that date would be displayed including the route traveled, duration and also length.
How to switch on/off Web & App Activity
You can turn on or off Web & App Activity or delete a past activity at any time you wish to. To turn on or off, follow the instructions below;
- On your device, visit the “Activity Controls” or open the device settings page.
- Google might request you to sign in to your account you have on the platform.
- Then turn on or off Web & App Activity.
When it has been turned on, check the box next to “Include Chrome history and activity from websites and apps that use Google Services”. Then also check the box next to “Include voice and audio recordings”. Note: Most browsers and devices may have more settings that affect how the activity is being saved.
So many people have been asking if they can change the places they visited, activities done on Google Maps TimeLine, Yes it is very possible to do that. If a place you visited is web on the Timeline, you can edit the location and date. In other to do this you need to turn on Web & App Activity. Follow the steps below to edit and correct errors in location;
- On your device, launch Google Maps.
- Then hit on “Menu > Timeline”
- Find the wrong place on the timeline and hit on it.
- Hit on “Edit”.
- Then from the bottom, hit on the correct place or activity in the suggestions that would be displayed.
- Or scroll to the bottom and search for the location or activity.
- If you wish to edit the time you were there, hit on the “Time”.
If your Web & App Activity is turned off, you won’t be able to change or edit locations or activities on Google Timeline.